Well, things did not go well today, so it was not a very happy saturday for me.
To recap things in case you’ve missed:
- I moved things to HTTPS to make sure XKit works on Chrome betas (and future versions of it).
- Since there are things that XKit accesses that have no HTTPS counterpart, I’ve decided to use a “proxy” that converts HTTP pages to HTTPS. My web hosting provider, not expecting half a million users making 15-30 requests per minute, experienced problems. XKit servers were down for an hour or two.
- I’ve moved all the files to another web hosting service, and disabled the proxy service.
- Apparently their servers/limitations were worse. The same happened, but quicker.
- I’ve reverted all the changes with XKit 7.4.7 for Chrome.
That means once again XKit does not work on Chrome betas, but at least it now works once again on stable release versions of Chrome.
For now, I have no idea how I’m going to correctly fix this (I have to before this version of Chrome leaves beta state) unless I start renting some very-feature-packed-and-expensive dedicated servers. But I’ll keep you updated.
Please follow the instructions here to make XKit work again.
I’m terribly sorry for this.
Thank you so much for your patience and support.