Today, I’ve fixed two bugs related to XKit and it’s extensions:
In Chrome, there was a bug in the Quick Inbox extension that prevented users from using the bold, italic etc. buttons while creating/editing a text post.
Again In Chrome, another bug in Quick Inbox extension prevented the “Upload Photo” from appearing in the Quick Inbox ‘window’ when clicked on the Inbox button on top.
In some configurations, Theme extension would not save the selected theme. This has been fixed.
If you have Automatic Updates on, they should’ve been fixed on your installation. If the problem continues, click on the X icon on top, select Quick Inbox extension and click Re-install Extension to update it manually.
Thank you for using XKit, and thank you for your patience.
the block list thing is great, but can you make it to where i dont see who posted it or what word was there because if i block those words its usually because i dont want to see them at all ever, okay....
I’ll add an option to remove them in the next release.
The update-failure is because of my webhosting service, so 0.4.1 won’t fix it, but at least it has a small code that checks the server and starts the installation process once it can connect to XKit Servers.
Again, I’m truly sorry about this, and I’m trying to find a decent webhosting service now. In the meanwhile, again, I’m really sorry but you’ll have to be patient or downgrade to 0.3.1 (the link is on this blog.)
and also: whatever you do, do not choose Yahoo for your webhosting needs. =3
Hello! Love the addon, unfollower and all those bits are useful, and wonderful. However, one thing I've noticed is as of the latest updated, the new line in ask features has stopped working, both on missing e's on dash askbox and in the normal one, but works when I revert it to 0.3.1. I'm using firefox at the moment, incase that helps. Just thought I'd let you know, it's the only thing that's keeping me from updating to the newest one! (I may anyway)
yeah the 0.4.0 was a rewrite from scratch so it has some functions missing at the moment. sorry about that. =/
they will become available as I write them on the Get Extensions tab.
I was about to ask you what was wrong with the new version, but I'm glad I came to your blog first. Happy to know you're on it and trying to fix it. Thank you so much for xkit, it's incredibly helpful and I'm very thankful that you're dedicated to it. So, thank you. Fantastic job so far. <3
well, apparently, my webhoster is still being a bitch. you see, when you download XKit for the first time, it contacts my server, to download all the default extensions. and the website is down, only returning an “error 999” code. (whatever that is.)
apparently, Yahoo thinks it can just take my money, and in return it doesn’t need to provide me a decent webhosting service even though it costs like 3 times more than the most expensive webhosting service out there. I try contacting them, but I keep getting an error message on their support page too.
I am incredibly sorry for this. XKit will try to download the extensions in the background, and the installation will start as soon as it can reach my website.
dude, I updated the xkit but, hes gone. But on options on google chrome he is activated... I tried download again but he's not working... sorry about the bad english =/ could you help me? The problem start after update
my webhosting service fucked up a few minutes ago.
as you know, XKit became bigger, buggier and harder to manage over the time. that’s because it’s ‘foundations’ were written to handle just 4 extensions. now it has over 15 extensions and features, and it is getting really harder to catch all the bugs.
so a few weeks ago, I’ve decided to re-write it from scratch. instead of a ‘single’ file with all the extensions hard coded into it, XKit is now a ‘framework’, capable of downloading and running external extensions.
it’s a ‘blank’ extension, so when you first download it, it contacts the XKit servers, and downloads the default extensions. after that, you can install and remove extensions from Extensions Gallery.
the framework part is complete, and most of the extensions are ported to the new framework. after I test it thoroughly, and fix some known bugs, it’ll be released, possibly in 2-3 days.
In the meanwhile, there won’t be any updates to XKit ‘classic.’ I know there are some problems with Tumblr Savior, but I just can’t spend time writing code for two totally different codebases.